Aller au contenu

Maximum Area Coverage for 315?

Solman636

Messages recommandés

The manual suggests the 315 can handle 1500 m2 plus or minus 20%.   Therefore, the maximum with this formula would be 1800 m2.    Since I have a VERY large area to mow I have two 315 robots, R2 and 3PO by name.   I started off at the normal level and have added more to the area they cover.   Today I pushed them up from 1800 m2 to 2300 m2.    They were doing a fine job with less and even had a few extra hours they could work so why not find out the maximum limit for coverage?    Has anyone tried this experiment?    I will report the results, but in the case of my lawn, the grass is a various mixture of nice grass and weeds, and honestly if the mowers do an adequate job then perfection is not necessary.   We shall see.   Some areas of coverage need a little more attention than others, and for security I prefer the mower in the front keep in the shadows away from the road when mowing at night.   Therefore, I created a zone in the front that is nothing but a "fence" created by two parallel wires that leave only enough room for the mower to pass into the further zone near the street using the guide wire.    At night I can simply block the passage to keep him in the darker areas away from the prying eyes of local mischief makers and hope for the best.   I don't allow him to operate on Friday and Saturday night when there are many people out drinking and not thinking of consequences.    See attached diagram of new mowing area of 2300 m2 which is 53% more than standare recommended max of 1500 m2.    You can see how I use the two parallel wires for a fence.  Sorry the numbers on the chart are not metric.   US is still in the Dark Ages and sometimes losing space craft with the conversions.  :)  With the current setup the two 315 units wlll attempt to handle almost one half hectare combined.    Will report results in a few weeks, but grass growth may be a little slower now with less sunlight and dry conditions so it should work...for now. 

Diagram Back Yard R2 090419.jpg

Diagram Front Yard R2 090419.jpg